Friday, November 3, 2023

Time Is On My Side, and Bobby Knight

 

Today is the last Friday of Daylight Saving Time.  Clocks go back one hour Sunday morning.  Standard time returns at 2:00 am.

Okay.

No big deal.

While I think we should stay on one or the other forever and ever and ever, I'm just tired of the twice yearly discussion.  I've had enough.  Thank you.

Much like the constant yammering over open primaries in Pennsylvania, I've reached my fill when it comes to the debate.  Change it, or stop talking about it.  To quote someone who once broke my heart, "Give it up."

As someone who works nights and sleeps during the day, the return of Standard Time doesn't bother me.  In some ways, I look forward to it.  Earlier sunrises benefit me more than late sunsets.

Regardless, make the best of it, and I'll see you in the morning.

And, before I hit the "publish" button for the day...

Famed basketball coach Bobby Knight died Wednesday.  83.

Look, I've always been honest with you here.  Today is no exception.  I didn't like Bobby Knight.  He was crude, a bully, and a boor.  Knight racked up more than 900 wins during his career.  Does the end justify the means?  

Absolutely not.