Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Halloween!

I have to admit that Halloween is not on my list of favorite observances.  It's always been that way.  In fact, I was in a recent meeting where we had to share favorite Halloween experiences, and I had none.

It all stems from the fact that I don't like being frightened.  Real life is scary enough.  The same goes for blood and gore.  I can do without horror movies.

I'm also not one for the fuss and bother of costumes.  It also seems some adults have taken a fun childrens' night and used it as an excuse to go overboard and do some partying.

I will admit that I do enjoy looking at decorated homes, even though many do it to excess.

If you're "in" to the observance, and you have kids that love it, go crazy.  Make some memories.  However, it's just not for me.