Friday, October 20, 2017

A Passing and a Vacation

Passion.  The great ones have it.  Dr. Tony Mussari was a man of passion, and it's a long list-- a passion for government and politics, for news and information, for education and learning., for justice. Hundreds, maybe thousands of college students have better and more rewarding lives because Dr. Tony Mussari was one of their professors, their teachers, and their friend.

Dr. Tony Mussari died this week.  He was 75.

My sympathy goes out to his family, friends, and former King's College students.

By the way, Dr. Mussari was married to Kitch Loftus, a woman who showed me the ropes when I was a WARM 590 newbie.  She was a great help on a news series I worked on.  It won a Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters award, and it was my first award ever.  I still have the trophy.  Her kindness and professionalism were a big part of my early days, and I will be forever grateful.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =





It's sleeping Homer's last appearance of 2017, and that means I'm burning off my last vacation week of the year.

You've heard it before-- no plans other than gym visits, bike rides, maybe some photography and a lot of sleep.  I visited KMart on my last vacation, and there's no need to stop by again-- unless I learn of a big sale.

It's funny.  Technically, my vacation began at noon Monday, and I've already been back to the office twice this week.  No worries.  It was for important stuff, and you'll read about one tomorrow.

I still have a few scattered days off before we ring in 2018, but this really is the last "block" of time I have to use.

It will be a full agenda when I return, including election day and several holiday related stories.  I know everyone says it, and it really is true.  The year has flown by.

The weekend morning broadcasts, once again, will be in the very capable hands of Stacy Lange.

I hope to see you soon.