Friday, January 12, 2024

Follow Up Friday

 

I think I set a record this year for LEAST amount of live NFL game watching.  It's been absolutely zero on Sunday afternoons and nights.  Maybe a few minutes on Monday night.  None on Thursday.  I did catch some games on the radio.  As for television, it's been mostly NFL Network overnight weekend replays, with the sound down.  I did watch a considerable amount of the Saturday evening game between Houston and Indianapolis because I was trapped in a hotel room because of the snow storm.  I forgot how good Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are.  I was startled at how much I enjoyed the game, even though I couldn't possibly care less about the teams involved.

This is the 25th anniversary of the HBO series "The Sopranos."  Popular and critically acclaimed.  Years ago, I said I didn't like it because it was a festival of every bad Italian-American cliché.    I watched more this week on You Tube, to see if I've mellowed and my feelings have changed.  Nope.  It's still a festival of every bad Italian-American cliché.

I had to conduct some business in downtown Scranton Wednesday morning.  The little kiosks that replaced the parking meters worked fine, but at least with a meter, you knew where your space was.  The placement of the meters defined it.  And by the way, $2 for an hour is outrageous.

Chris Christie's 2024 presidential run ended the same way as 2016-- with an early exit.  The former New Jersey governor is really good at TV, and I expect to see him quite a bit this year.