Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Wednesday Scrapple

 

Houston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and the Los Angeles Rams are in the NFL playoffs.  If you need proof there are too many teams in the playoffs, there it is.

I can live with the cold.  Snow is a completely different animal.

Golden Globes?  No interest.  None.

And, who is Jo Koy?  Is he supposed to be funny?

I could not imagine what it was like sitting in a jet, when one of the doors suddenly blows off.  It's a miracle no one was killed.

It thrills me when one of my rewards programs saves me three cents per gallon on gasoline.

One of the largest radio station owners in the country, Audacy, recently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.  The head of the company cited an advertising downtown.  For a lover of "traditional" radio like me, I find that frightening.

I would not enjoy being a passenger in a self driving car.

Barstool Sports' Dave Portnoy recently won a $ 1 million bet on the Rose Bowl.  Portnoy is very wealthy, so a million to him is like $10 for the rest of us.  Still, I'd be afraid to bet that amount of money.  I feel guilty and nervous sticking $5 into a slot machine.

I still haven't tried the new and improved Big Mac.  I look forward to it, if I can still afford one.

Presidential candidate Ron DeSantis predicted a "nasty" election this year.  Ya think?

As I was throwing the bull with several coworkers this week, I was shocked by the number who had not seen the movie "Broadcast News."

Harry, keep the change.

The Jimmy Kimmell/Aaron Rodgers feud is pointless and boring.