Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Conspiracy Theory

 

Don't ask me who comes up with these things, but there is a conspiracy theory concerning the Super Bowl logo and the teams that will play in the game.

It all revolves around the colors.  Conspiracy theorists contend the colors of the logo correspond to the colors of the teams the league chooses to play in the ultimate championship game.  Above is the logo for the game that will be played in February of 2025.

The purple is easy.  Only one AFC team has purple in its logo, and that's the Baltimore Ravens.

The green is a little tougher.  Rule out the New York Jets because they play in the same conference as the Ravens.  The other two "green" teams" are the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles.  the Seattle Seahawks have a little green in their logo, and it is not the dominant color.

It's possible.  Three of the four teams made the playoffs this year.

Or...

You can flip it, with the purple representing the NFC's Minnesota Vikings, and the green of the Jets from the AFC.

Is the fix in?

Check back with me next year.

This year's logo is purple and red.  Moot point.  The purple Ravens were knocked out Sunday afternoon.  The red 49ers and Chiefs play for the title.

And, while I'm on the subject, I suggested taking the Ravens in Sunday's AFC championship game.  Loser.  I was right when I said bet on the Lions and take the points.  The 49ers won, but didn't cover.

As I write this, the Super Bowl LVIII point spread is fluctuating between 1 and 2.5 points.  That is essentially a "pick 'em."  I'll issue my yearly prediction next week.