Monday, January 15, 2024

Monday Scrapple

 

I know I've been doing a lot of Scrapple entries lately...

Former New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has the wins and the trophies, but can he really be considered a great coach?  His record without Tom Brady was embarrassing.   Plus, for years, the AFC East was a notoriously weak division.  Belichick cheated.  Poor draft choices.  Contempt for the media.  Poor sportsmanship (remember those Super Bowl losing handshakes?)  Overrated.    

Today's "I remember the lyrics to an old song" offering is a Paul McCartney song from 1979, called "Arrow Through Me."

I can deal with the cold.  Snow and ice is a much different story.

Sorry, NBC.  There is nothing I want to pay to watch on Peacock.

There is nothing like the beauty of an old style movie theater marquee.

It was insane to play football in Kansas City Saturday night, and the governor of New York made the right decision in postponing the Steelers/Bills game.

It looks like 2024 will also be the year of Taylor Swift.

One of the satellite radio channels recently featured Casey Kasem's countdown of the top 100 hits of 1970.  Friends, that was music.

Now that stores have everything locked up, I no longer feel guilty about shopping on line.

Pat McAfee needs to go away.

I can't believe no one noticed the Secretary of Defense was missing.

Today is the 15th anniversary of a US Air flight landing in New York's Hudson River.  It is as amazing now as it was back then.

Some of my best friends are Dallas Cowboys fans.  Yet, I take great delight in that Sunday afternoon humiliation.