Sunday, April 7, 2019

About the Cover: Black Train

I will fully admit that I really didn't like this month's first cover photo.

Trains have been featured here many times before, but not this one, and not in the location in which it was shot.  I was passing the Taylor yards on a recent morning when I spotted this beauty out of the corner of my eye.  I spun the car around and snapped off a few photos.

Here's the problem.  The light wasn't the greatest and the train was moving.  The shots were not clear and that drove me nuts.  A big black diesel in the middle of the night was beautiful, and I just didn't capture it with my smart phone.  As hard as I tried, I couldn't minimize the blur.

The picture you see above was the header for the first five days of the month.  It was the best of a bad lot.

I was passing by again Friday morning.  I saw the train and decided to make another go of it.  This time, the train wasn't moving, and I managed to snap off a few good ones.