Friday, April 12, 2019

Records

Tomorrow is National Record Store Day, and I'm ashamed to say, I haven't been in a record store in years.  I used to love scavenger hunts.  I was a sucker for "Best of the 60's,' or "Greatest Hits of the 70's" type compilation CD's.

Amazon killed those record store visits.  I ask my Echo to play what I want.  Alexa never disappoints.  I'm in love.

We are lucky in that our area still has some good record stores, and I hope they're around for years to come.

My first radio station, Marywood University's WVMW 91.7 is doing 31 hours of straight vinyl this weekend.  It means real, live people behind a microphone all weekend!  That's what radio is all about!

There are those who say vinyl sounds better.  I'll take their word for it.  I can't tell the difference.  But then again, I can't tell the difference between butter and margarine.