Monday, February 12, 2024

And the Mouse Takes the Cheese

 

Boredom is a terrible thing, and I've always been a sucker for anything new at the supermarket.

I've habitually stayed away from those cellophane wrapped individual cheese slices.  First, they aren't real cheese.  Second, and more importantly, I compare them to flavorless wax.

Imagine my glee when those "cheese" slices I avoided announced a new line of flavors, including jalapeno.  I love hot things, as long as they are not excessive.  Flavor is good.  Heat for the sake of heat isn't.

While I was curious, I wasn't that curious, so I let a pack hang out in my refrigerator until the following day.  Imagine my disappointment.  They are just slightly spicy flavored wax.  There is no cheese flavor and just a hint of jalapeno.

They also come in garlic and herb, and caramelized onion.

It's a moot point.

Regardless of the new varieties, they won't be finding their way into my cart, my refrigerator and my stomach.