Friday, February 9, 2024

LVIII

 

The point spread has been fluctuating from 1 to 2.5, with San Francisco favored, so I'll slap it with the "irrelevant" tag this year.

As is tradition, I pick the team with the better defense, and that is Kansas City.  The Chiefs also have the better quarterback, in Patrick Mahomes.

I am worried about Kansas City head coach Andy Reid, who seems to make a questionable decision in every big game.

On the other hand, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan was Atlanta's offensive coordinator when the Falcons blew that 28 to 3 lead over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LI.  The man knows how to mess up a game.  The Falcons should have lost the franchise over that one.

I think the Chiefs win, and it will be comfortable, by at least four points.

Things I would like to see this year include Taylor Swift on the field after a Chiefs win, just because it would irritate people.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mahomes lose after that punk performance after a defeat a couple of months ago.

I would like to see San Francisco quarterback Brock Purdy lift the Vince Lombardi and tell everyone who passed him over in the NFL draft they can stuff the trophy up their noses.

Regardless, I won't be watching.  I'll be asleep.  I haven't seen a Super Bowl since 1999.  I kid you not.  It's possible I'll be awake for the tail end of the game, and I'll have it on the radio because I'm a huge Kevin Harlan fan.

CBS says it will use 165 cameras, in the pre game show, the game, and the post game show.  That, my friends, is amazing.

As always, don't talk to me about the commercials.  I just don't care.

Enjoy the day, and I'll do a review next week.