Wednesday, February 21, 2024

When the Dust Settles...

 

I've been thinking about this one since the February 11th Super Bowl between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers.

During the game, KC tight end Travis Kelce, better known as Taylor Swift's boyfriend, flipped out on head coach Andy Reid.  Kelce bumped Reid.  He nearly went down.  There are two ways you can look at this.

Kelce is a warrior.  He wanted the ball.  He wanted to get his team moving.  He has passion.  He wanted to step up.  I admire that.  I want fighters on my team.

On the other hand, Kelce committed a bush league maneuver.  He showed up his head coach. Have I ever fought with a boss?  Yeah!  Oh yeah!  The difference is I've never done it in front of 150 million people.

Reid handled the post game news conference questions about Kelce with class and dignity.  I would not have been as kind.  It has been said that winning helps forgive all sins.  Plus, Kelce admitted he was wrong.

After thinking about this one for more than a week, Kansas City needs to find a way to drop the hammer on Travis Kelce.