Monday, February 26, 2024

Follow Up Monday

 

While I'm still waiting for a response from the Scranton parking people as to why meters are enforced on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, but not Juneteenth, I see they did hit my credit card.

The NFL still dominates sports talk radio.  NHL, NBA, and MLB, be very worried.

Speaking of MLB, the commissioner, Robert Manfred, is retiring in a few years.  The man has poisoned everything he's touched.

The Oakland Athletics could play the 2025 season in Sacramento, before the stadium in Las Vegas is ready.  This situation was botched from the beginning.

I am not an AT&T customer, but how could they screw up a software update that took down the system?  Hackers in foreign countries are probably drooling right now.  Computer and internet security in this country is a mess.

I didn't know what to think when the Russian invasion of Ukraine started, but I didn't think the war would last two years and two days.

Odie is on the moon!

I nearly have all my tax time paperwork together.  And, yes, I'm a little late this year.  I'm usually good to go by Valentine's Day.

Thursday morning's stumbling across some old "Frasier" episodes prompted me to watch a few more.  First, John Mahoney added so much to that show.  Second, even after all these years, I'm still impressed by the sharp writing and the timing of the actors.

Sam Waterston left "Law & Order" last week.  I never watched, but I thought Waterston was amazing in HBO's "The Newsroom."

Vice media laid off hundreds last week.  Only the strong survive, and they are dumping payroll, too.