Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Farewell!

 

I might have made my last trip to Wendy's.

The head of the company says it's testing a system where customers will be charged more during peak hours.  The price comes down when demand lessens.  The system will be introduced next year.

Wendy's, take a hike!

Major League Baseball teams charge more for tickets when the good teams come to town, but at least there is a value with that.  You are seeing quality teams.  With Wendy's, you are paying more for the same thing.

This, dear readers, is obscene.

The sad part about all of this is, if Wendy's gets away with it, all the other fast food restaurants will follow suit.

It's like when millions paid to see an NFL playoff game streamed on Peacock.  All that showed is people are willing to pay.  Team owners, the NFL, and the TV networks started to drool.  You'll have to pay more to see other playoff games next year, and you cut your own throat.  How did that work out for you?

My only hope is some other fast food chain will say to its customers that it appreciates your business and it will give you a fair deal.  I know I'll be there.  If not, I'll go to the supermarket and buy the things needed to make my own sandwich, and no doubt it will be better.  On top of that, I'll eat the sandwich in Wendy's parking lot and wave to them though the window.