Saturday, February 24, 2024

Andy's Angles: The Black Alps of Dickson City

 

Someone is finally coming up with the money to remove a huge culm pile from the middle of Dickson City.

It's about dang time!  This has been an eyesore for years.

I went to a horrid junior high school in this neighborhood.  Well, it wasn't totally horrid.  I did meet two dynamite English teachers there, and I'm sad to say they are both no longer with this.

The culm bank was our lunch time playground.  There was actually an easy and well worn path to the top, and those trees weren't around during my time here.  Now that the statute of limitations has expired, we would occasionally roll an old tire down from the top, laughing hysterically as it smashed into a garage door or front porch.  Rest assured, there was never any serious damage.

Homes will replace the culm bank and while there were some fun times here, I look forward to the improvements.