Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

I haven't ranted maniacally on anything in a while, so let's revisit one of my favorites-- Valentine's Day.

It drives me insane when I hear people complain about the day.  Yes, it's a schmaltzy Hallmark holiday, filled with expensive candy and overpriced roses, but at least be grateful you have someone in your life.  There are a lot of people on the outside looking in.

The late, great Bob Barker used to pontificate that it's not what you say that's important.  It's what you don't say that really counts.

True.  Very, very true.

If you are lucky enough to have a significant other, and you hate Valentine's Day, do society a favor.  Just keep quiet.  One day isn't going to kill you.

And, speaking of love.  You know I love radio.  I'm doing the 7 am hour with Doc and Chewy on Froggy 101 tomorrow.  Give it a listen if you get the chance.