Saturday, February 3, 2024

Andy's Angles: Demolition

 

By the time you read this, the old Keen's Floral building along Green Ridge Street in Scranton will be history.  It came down Monday night and Tuesday morning.  This is a photo taken shortly after sunrise, Monday morning.

I can't say I've ever been here, but the building has been on Green Ridge Street, near the intersection with North Main, for as long as I can remember.  It's a stucco box, and not really architecturally significant.

Still, I'm a little sorry to see it go.  Someone could have done something with it.  It's a moot point now.  The demolition is part of a bridge replacement project and I'll have something to say about that tomorrow.

As luck would have it, I happened to be in the neighborhood Tuesday early morning.  I took a picture of the rubble, just before dawn.  We've lost a bit of our history, but at least we are finally getting a new bridge.